Monday, June 11, 2012

forrestfire21's gamification for education thoughts

What I think about the gamification for education,
     I Think its an interesting approach on reaching people that are computer friendly and think in different ways.  That being said, I have been out of the loop of this type of communication where I need to understand all the steps to be able to complete a single assignment.  A lot of steps to get to an achievement and taking each step is quite new to me.  Even though I am not completely computer illiterate, I think my knowledge is around basic knowledge.  I would like to finally get that snap of the finger where it clicked in my head, unfortunately it hasn't quite clicked for me yet.  It is a good approach on familiarizing myself and the rest of the class with the different blog adding, sharing, and doing a lot of practice (for me anyway, which at this time is a little slow).  I do like the idea of going out of the box for a different approach for learning... once I learn how to do that; that is.

1 comment:

  1. heh, at least you are further along in computer knowledge than i am. sure i can peck around the keyboard, but i tend to stay away from gizmos and gadgets and tend to be the one who is do thing the way they were done decades ago.

    ReplyDelete